MODULAR HOUSING – CURLEW ROAD21st December 2016
CURLEW ROAD MONITORING COMMITTEE UPDATE:
The Committee has met with representatives of DCC on 5 occasions & has issued 5 reports via a combination of Facebook and Website. At our most recent meeting we decided to publish a Circular to all residents on Curlew Road (delivered to each home) and to post it on Website also for the benefit of all Residents of Drimnagh.
- Work, as you are aware, continues on the construction of 29 Houses on Curlew Road/Knocknarea Road. The contractor is now (Dec 20th) 7 weeks on site and work is scheduled to be completed in late April early May 2017, and he may be in a position to hand some houses over on a phased basis before that date.
- The builder has removed all of the top soil on the site and has poured all of the foundations for the houses. He is now working on the rising walls – up to ground floor level.
- After the Christmas Holidays the builder will be pouring the concrete floors and depending on drying conditions he may have to work later than usual, but not very late. We will update local residents of any after hours working.
- A temporary electrical connection has been made to the Mother McAuley Centre, which we appreciate, and this has eliminated the noise from the Generator. All costs associated will be reimbursed.
- Work is in progress on the new CCTV System for the Curlew Road area and the system will be working early in the New Year.
- The builder will finish for the Christmas Holidays on Thursday the 22nd of December and will resume work on Wednesday the 4th of January.
- There will be 24 hour security on site during the holiday period and if there is any incident during the holidays your contact number is 0868150650.
- We would like to thank you for your co-operation and patience during this difficult period, and we continue to monitor the ongoing work.
- It is our intention to hold a public information evening towards the end of January.
- We wish you a Happy Christmas and New Year
(The Monitoring Committee working voluntarily on your behalf)